Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fishing Themed Half Bath

Let me start by saying that I am not one for 'themed' rooms. Its just not me. However, this is for our pool house, so I'm thinking I can get by with it in there?!? It was a quick fix, but its perfect for keeping people in wet bathing suits out of my house. ;)


I found this cute anchor at Hobby Lobby.....once again..my pictures suck...working with what I got. ;)


I spray painted the ceiling a dark blue and put up a fishing net. I put shells and fishing lures in the net.


I made the sink skirt out of an cafe style curtain I had on hand.


I bought 5 yards of red burlap and stapled it to the wall. You can tell by this picture that its not perfect but it was a cheap, quick fix that really livens up the space. And I just couldn't pass up the fly fishing basket to hold the toilet paper! :)

I know themed rooms aren't for everyone but I'm happy with how our little bathroom turned out. Have you or would you ever decorate a room with a theme??

4 comments:

Jamie Grizzle said...

Love it! I am thinking about a nautical room for Asher's big boy room and love these ideas!

Jamie Grizzle said...

Love it! I am thinking about a nautical room for Asher's big boy room and love these ideas!

Sara Beth said...

I Love it!! YOu did a great job! I always did the boys' rooms in themes but now... not so much. I guess they are getting too big.

vanessa said...

I think it is adorable! That burlap looks awesome, like grasscloth.