Tuesday, April 24, 2012

To Do List

I'm one of those people who make lists all.the.time. It brings me great joy to mark something off of my to do list (yes...I'm weird). The year we moved in our house, I made a 'House Projects' list. It was huge...daunting! I've continued making project lists every year. Updating what we've done and adding new things along the way. Every year I'm overwhelmed by what all we have to do....its the never ending list! Living on a budget can make it feel as though you aren't making much progress. However....its so so awesome to look at old project lists and see how far we've come!

Then there are those projects that seem to make it on the list every year....the ones that seem like they will never get done....



This piece of fence has been on our to do list for over 3 years now.....


I'm a happy girl getting this one marked off. Its not a huge project, but its done and gives us so much more privacy around the pool.


This was the only picture I could find of our retaining wall...its an old picture, but you get the idea.

We've also wanted to resurface our retaining wall with a stone. That just wasn't in the budget this year, so we decided to give it a new paint job in the meantime....


Not the best of pictures...the sun wasn't working in my favor this morning.

At some point, I'm sure we will add the stone to it to give it the look we want, but for now...I'm really happy with how much better it looks.

Next up on the to do list...a new roof! Its another one we've had on the list since we moved here. They are coming in two weeks to replace it and I am beyond thrilled!

Do you guys have a project list for your house? Am I the only one that gets giddy when I can mark things off?!?

1 comment:

vanessa said...

I am a list person too, and will write something down just to be able to check it off. I'm glad you finished the fence I remember you wanting it for a long time. Beautiful pool!