Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Different Kind of Yarn Wreath

Credit

I've been loving the yarn wreaths I've been seeing on Pinterest lately. While I drooled over the one above....I knew I wouldn't have the patience to sit down and make one.

Last week I was flipping through my latest Pottery Barn Kids catalogue and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it.
I couldn't find this picture on their website...sorry for the bad photo!

I LOVE the life preserver! How cute is that?! Since it wasn't for sale, I decided to try my craftiness out and make my own. I couldn't find any thick butchers twine, but I did find some pretty blue rope in the boating section of the Sporting Goods department at Wal-Mart. It was $3.67 for 50 ft of rope! :)


I ended up using piping from the fabric section in Hobby Lobby to go with my blue rope. It was .29/yd!! I knew I wouldn't find anything cheaper and I'm really happy with how it turned out.


Its the perfect little addition to our pool house door. :)  According to everyones pins...I'm not the only one swooning over yarn wreaths. Have you ever made one?

2 comments:

Sara Beth said...

That is great! I love it!

vanessa said...

I love the intrepretaion of the yarn wreath, it is perfect for the pool house! I still haven't made a yarn wreath. Maybe I'll get to that one day.